- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup vegan brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped Soyatoo whippable topping
2. Add the brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until syrupy.
3. Transfer the pineapple mixture to a blender and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill.
4. Set aside 1/4 cup of the chilled pineapple mixture Fold the whipped topping into the remaining chilled pineapple mixture, and spoon 1/2 cup of this mixture into each of 6 glasses. Chill.
5. Just before serving, top each serving with 2 teaspoons of the reserved pineapple mixture.
6 servings (1/2 cup pineapple mixture, 2 teaspoons topping), Calories 114
Oh my goodness like eating an airy pineapple cloud. Every bite is smooth, creamy, full of bright pineapple flavor, and just a hint of the ginger. I think it would only be better if frozen a couple hours first, to be mid-way between the consistency of whipped cream and ice cream (much a with my White Chocolate and Hazelnut Mousse), but that doesn't stop this from earning a "5." The pineapple topping tastes much like pineapple jam, only not quite as thick or sticky. The only reason this dessert earns the name "fool" is because you'd be one not to make it.