- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups carrot juice, divided
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
- 24 ounces cooked Vegetarian Plus shrimp*
2. While the couscous stands, bring the remaining 1/2 cup of carrot juice to a boil in a small saucepan, then continue to cook for 2 and 1/2 minutes, or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons canola oil, the lime juice, the jalapeno, the ginger, and the salt.
3. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Add 1/4 cup of the reduced carrot juice mixture to the couscous, along with the green onions. Place the remaining reduced carrot juice mixture in a large bowl, and toss with the salad greens and the shrimp.
*To cook the shrimp ahead of time, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the shrimp (still frozen) and cook for 2-3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
4 servings (1/2 cup couscous, 1 and 1/2 cups shrimp mixture), Calories 403
I found this dish to be wonderfully different. It was, in a sense, like eating the essence of carrot and ginger, the tastes of which infused every bite, but which weren't actually visible (unless you count the gorgeous orange color imparted to the couscous by the carrot juice). The taste of the jalapeno got a little lost, so I would use 3 teaspoons next time.