- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces Match pork, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon bottled prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Annie's Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 16 (1/8-inch thick) slices cucumber
2. Add an additional 1 and 1/2 teaspoons canola oil to the pan. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the coleslaw, horseradish, red wine vinegar, crushed red pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Combine the mayonnaise with the Dijon mustard in a bowl, and spread evenly over the cut sides of the hamburger buns. Divide the coleslaw mixture, pork slices, and cucumber slices evenly among the bottom halves of the buns, and cover with the top halves of the buns.
For a quick, fun side dish, whip up homemade roasted garlic dip and serve with crudites: combine 1/4 cup Tofutti cream cheese, 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon minced green onions, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced roasted garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl; beat with a mixer until well combined. You can prepare the dip ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve. I added yellow squash slices, carrot slices, cut green onions, and chopped red bell pepper for dipping - pre-cut veggies from the store work just fine if you want to skip that step at home. A dish of strawberry sorbet made a perfect finish to the evening.
4 servings (1 sandwich), Calories 366