- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces thawed Match beef
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vegan beef broth (prepared from Not Beef bouillon)
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2. Recoat the pan with cooking spray and add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic; saute for 5 minutes. Add the beef broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Place the sour cream in a bowl, and gradually add the mushroom mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk, until blended. Stir in the parsley.
Serve the gravy over the beef patties, and have mashed potatoes on the side. You can try my recipe for Basic Mashed Potatoes from this blog, or even use a mashed potato mix (Whole Foods 365 is vegan), if you're in a hurry.
4 servings (1 steak, 1/4 cup gravy), Calories 210
I really enjoyed the savory, salty beef patties, which were liberally smothered in this gravy sauce. Next time, I would increase the mushrooms, and use a touch more sour cream for an even thicker, creamier gravy. I would also use more herb flavoring on the beef itself - thyme and rosemary both come to mind. Adding mashed potatoes on the side rounded out the meal perfectly, especially for soaking up the extra gravy.