- 3 and 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 and 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground cardamom
- 1 and 1/3 cups plain non-dairy yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
Note: I recommend giving the mixture a good whirl, for at least a minute if not longer, to puree the strawberry seeds as finely as possible.
2. Add the yogurt and process just until blended. Transfer to a bowl and chill for 3 hours.
3. Just before serving, sprinkle evenly with the lemon rind.
5 servings (1 cup), Calories 124
Excellent strawberry flavor, but if I'm to be honest, between the yogurt and the pineapple juice, this was really like eating a thick strawberry smoothie with a spoon instead of drinking it up from a straw. For something decidedly more soup-like, I'd nix the yogurt (perhaps almond milk instead?), and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lingering strawberry seeds. I'd also increase the cinnamon and nutmeg just a touch. I confess I also wasn't wild about the very Pepto-Bismol pink, but don't let that stop you from giving this recipe a try. My preference was definitely to serve for dessert - a delightful finish to a warm evening.