- Cooking spray
- 1 and 1/2 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apple
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons toasted and chopped walnuts
- 2 cooked and crumbled Lightlife bacon slices
2. Place the spinach in a large bowl, and pour the warm apple mixture over the spinach, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with the nuts and the bacon.
Note: quickly toast the walnuts ahead of time by heating in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, until the nuts are fragrant, making sure to shake the skillet nearly constantly to prevent the nuts from burning. When you cook the bacon, make sure to make it nice and crispy, so it will crumble easier.
6 servings (about 3/4 cup), Calories 74
A wonderful mix of sweet and salty, tender and crunchy in every bite. This salad would definitely be worthy of company; I loved the warm curry notes in each bite, and the tenderness of the apple. My only complaint is that - with so much going on - it felt like a main dish salad instead of a side dish, in which case I recommend amping it up either with tempeh or seitan strips, or some chopped Gardein chicken.