- 1 and 1/2 ounces chocolate cookies (such as Newman's Own Organics)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1 cup prepared vegan cottage cheese*
- 1 and 1/2 cups Tofutti cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup amaretto (such as Disaronno)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Ener-G egg
- 2 tablespoons chocolate minichips (such as Enjoy Life)
2. In a food processor, combine the sugar, cottage cheese, cream cheese, cocoa, flour, amaretto, vanilla extract, and salt. Process until smooth. Add the Ener-G egg and process until blended.
3. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with the minichips. Bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes. The cheesecake center should barely move when the pan is touched.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the outside edge of the pan. Cool to room temperature, then cover and chill for at least 8 hours before releasing from the springform pan.
*To prepare the cottage cheese, combine 1 (14-ounce) package lite firm tofu in a bowl with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, a pinch each of salt and stevia, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Mash with a fork until the mixture looks like cottage cheese. Cover and chill at least 4 to 5 hours before preparing the cheesecake, so the flavors can blend. You'll need 1 cup for this recipe, and can save the remaining mixture for another use.
8 servings (1 wedge), Calories 292
Super creamy texture, although not as light and fluffy as previous recipes I've tried, such as my Strawberry Cheesecake. The amaretto flavor was subtle but nice; if you really like almond, consider using almond extract in addition to the liquor, and in place of the vanilla extract. The chocolate flavor is yummy but subtle, so I wouldn't go so far as to call this a chocoholic's dream. A very nice touch from the minichips on top.