- 12 ounces trimmed wax beans
- 12 ounces trimmed green beans
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Veg Cuisine)
2. In a bowl, combine the tomato, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
3. Divide the beans evenly among 8 plates (about 3/4 cup per serving) and spoon 1/4 cup tomato mixture over each serving.
4. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon basil and 1 tablespoon feta.
8 servings (3/4 cup beans, 1/4 cup tomato mixture, 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon feta), Calories 67
Super fresh and summer-y. The tomato mixture is bursting with flavor, with just a nice light hint of the olive oil, and it's beautiful paired with the fresh basil and feta. The tomato juices and vinegar drizzle down onto the crisp-tender beans, which retained just the right crunch. In sum, this recipe feels meant to be eaten al fresco on a warm summer evening.