Luckily, pizza dough is easy to make at home, as long as you don't mind taking the time for a couple of rises, so use any recipe you know or like. My favorite pizza dough recipe, from Cooking Light, makes a 14-ounce crust; I trimmed off the extra 4 ounces and slipped it into my freezer for the next time I want a mini pizza for dinner. The remaining 10-ounces got put to work for this sandwich. For the rest of the recipe, read on.
- 1 (10-ounce) pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces Match crab, thawed
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
2. Combine the sour cream, cilantro, curry powder, and ground red pepper in a bowl. Crumble the Match crab into a skillet coated with cooking spray and cook until thoroughly heated over medium heat - about 3 minutes. Add the crab to the sour cream mixture, stirring gently. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 4 bread pieces. Divide the crab mixture evenly over the lettuce leaves, then top with the remaining pieces of bread.
Since you'll probably have to buy a whole package or head of romaine, toss the rest with bottled dressing for a simple side salad to round out the meal. I also recommend a glass of crisp, chilled (vegan) white wine.
4 servings (1 sandwich), Calories 304