- 12 pickled whole jalapeno peppers (2 (12-ounce) jars)
- 1/2 cup Daiya shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup Tofutti cream cheese
- 4 Ener-G eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cooking spray
2. Combine the cheddar and cream cheese in a bowl, then transfer to a zip-top plastic bag and seal. Snip off one bottom corner of the bag and pipe the cheese mixture evenly into the jalapenos. Replace the stem ends, pressing to seal (the stickiness of the cheese will help 'glue' them back on).
3. Combine the Ener-G eggs and flour in one bowl, stirring with a whisk. In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, and paprika.
4. Working with one jalapeno at a time, dip in the Ener-G mixture, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the remaining jalapenos, then give each jalapeno a second dip in the Ener-G mixture and a second roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and coat the jalapenos lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
6 servings (2 poppers), Calories 153