- 1 and 1/2 cups diagonally sliced snow peas
- 1 and 1/2 cups julienne-cut yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Vegetarian Plus shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups hot cooked farfalle pasta*
- 1 and 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia)
- 1/4 cup Classic Pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas, yellow squash, and broth. Cover and cook for 30 seconds.
3. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp mixture, cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, feta, pesto, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper; toss well to combine.
*Begin heating the water to cook the farfalle before you do anything else, and the pasta will be hot and cooked right when the shrimp mixture is done. To yield 4 cups cooked farfalle, start with about 3 cups uncooked pasta.
6 servings (1 and 1/3 cups), Calories 293
Wonderful fresh veggies, and delicious pesto with a nice hint of lemon juice coating the farfalle and shrimp. In short, a great end-of-summer meal. I think this dish was even better served at room temperature the next day, after the flavors have time to blend.