- 1 cup oats*
- 1 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried figs
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted dates
- Raspberries or other berries (optional for garnish)
2. Add the berries at serving time if desired, for both a pretty garnish and a nice contrast in flavor and texture.
*Use your favorite kind of oats for this recipe. I used regular (rolled) oats, but steel-cut (Irish) oats would work well, too.
5 servings (1/2 cup), Calories 321
Love at first bite. For a moment I thought it was too sweet, and considered reducing the agave nectar, but I had to abandon that idea when I found myself wiping up the last bits from my bowl with a finger. I particularly liked the crunch of the walnuts and the dates (nature's candy). The two hour soak made the oats wonderfully creamy. I might try with steel-cut oats next time for variation and a touch more crunch.