- 3 Gardein Tuscan chicken breasts (without sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup vegan chicken broth (such as Imagine)
- 1/4 cup vegan dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28-ounce) undrained can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
2. Stir in the broth, white wine, tomato paste, basil, canned tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until thick, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the artichoke hearts and cook for a final 5 minutes.
Note: No need to thaw the artichokes first; the frozen veggies will cook quite quickly in the warm stew.
4. Discard the bay leaf before ladling the ragout into bowls.
4 servings (1 and 1/2 cups), Calories 252
Easy and all-purpose, but a little bland. Certainly increase the dried basil, and consider adding other herbs or spices into the mix. A little lemon juice would brighten up the broth in a nice way, and the stew is missing a salty or briny element. But if you like artichokes and Gardein chicken, you'll still enjoy this dish.