For the salad:
- 3 and 3/4 cups cubed red potato
- 1 cup frozen soybeans, thawed
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup cubed, seeded, and peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vegan sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
2. Combine the potato, soybean, red onion, and cucumber in a bowl.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, ginger, mustard, olive oil, sugar, black pepper and garlic. Pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
I recommend serving warm, per the recipe title.
5 servings (1 cup), Calories 184
Definitely an Asia-meets-Scandinavia taste, as I expected, which was different and enjoyable. I particularly liked the bright ginger in the dressing, and the fact that the warm potatoes almost quick-pickle the cucumber. I would leave out the raw red onion, in which case my rating for this dish would instantly move up, as that was the only part I didn't like. The potatoes were just tender enough after a 12 minute steam.