- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread
- 8 slices Daiya Swiss cheese
- 12 slices vegan ham (such as Lightlife)
- 8 sandwich-sliced dill pickles
2. Arrange half of the Swiss slices and half of the ham slices on the bottom of the loaf. Top with the pickle slices, and then with the remaining Swiss slices and remaining ham. Cover with the top half of the loaf.
Look the Daiya Swiss even has holes!
3. Cut the sandwich into 4 pieces.
4. Heat a large heavy skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches and cover with an additional heavy skillet (cast-iron works well). Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
I served with baked chips to round out this easy meal.
4 servings (1 sandwich), Calories 335
Well, now I know - why serve pickles on the side when you can add them right to the sandwich? The Swiss was exactly like I remember Swiss cheese to be, and got nicely gooey, melting into the ham and pickles. My baguette was quite crispy/crunchy, so next time I might use a slightly softer loaf (Italian bread perhaps), but that doesn't stop this sandwich from earning a 5.