- 3 cups rinsed and drained canned fava beans
- 1 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
I served with cornbread (made from a mix, easy peasy) and Gardein's beefless strips.
6 servings (2/3 cup), Calories 167
The oregano and parsley pair so wonderfully together, making me think you could make this more like a tabbouleh, with loads more fresh parsley, and the fava beans would take the place of the bulgur. Fava beans have a great meaty texture, and so this salad is a nice showcase for them. Aside from the raw onion, which I wasn't wild about, I'd leave everything else the same.