- 2 cups thinly sliced and peeled Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced and peeled sweet potato
- 1 and 1/2 cups thinly sliced parsnip
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 and 1/4 cups vegan chicken broth (such as Imagine)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
2. In a saucepan, combine the broth, maple syrup, thyme, bourbon, lemon juice, and butter. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and pour over the vegetables.
3. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. During this time, the vegetables will steam and soften. Uncover and bake an additional 50 minutes - the veggies will caramelize and roast during this second phase.
Note: Substitute 1 teaspoon dried thyme for the fresh if you prefer.
6 servings (about 1 cup), Calories 205
The thinly sliced potatoes made this a bit like the Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin I made last fall, but this dish is even better. The woodsy parsnips are a fantastic addition, and I loved the contrast between the sweet cranberries and caramelized onion. A touch more thyme would have been nice, but everything else was delectable.