- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup vegan sugar
- 1/3 cup packed vegan brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa, sugar, and brown sugar (the mixture will look like coarse - chocolate-y! - sand). Stir in the yogurt and vanilla extract until combined. Stir in the flour mixture, just until moist.
3. Drop the batter by level tablespoonfuls onto 2 baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Don't be at all afraid to neaten up the cookie dough into balls with your fingers - the rounder they are on your baking sheet, the more perfectly circular they will be after baking.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes - the cookies will be almost set. Cool on the pans for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The perfect accompaniment to these yummy cookies? A big glass of your favorite non-dairy milk.
24 servings (1 cookie), Calories 78
Amazing. These little cookies belie their unassuming appearance, short list of ingredients, and the ease with which they come together. I had read reviews that said they are like a cross between a cookie and a brownie, and that is exactly right; crisp on the outside, decadently soft and chewy on the inside... I would change absolutely nothing about this recipe.