- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coco
- 1 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1.5 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Remove from heat and add the dark chocolate and the vanilla extract. stirring until the chocolate melts. You can serve this warm right away, or let it stand for about 10 minutes to thicken.
Note: when choosing dark chocolate, I love supporting the Endangered Species chocolate company, since part of their profits go towards supporting animals. Use a variety that is about 70% cacao to keep the sauce semisweet, instead of bitter.
12 servings (2 tablespoons), Calories 73
Soooo yummy! The sauce wasn't overly sweet, which I really liked because it let the taste of the chocolate shine through rather than the taste of sugar. It was rich and creamy and thick - amazing for dunking pieces of strawberry and banana. I would go so far as to say this is better than the vegan commercial chocolate sauces I've tried. A definite keeper! If you want a double-chocolate dose, drizzle the sauce over the vegan chocolate cake from Amy's.