- 3 cups small okra pods
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
2. Strain the mixture through a sieve over a bowl, and discard the marinade.
This okra is also fun to serve as part of a platter with bread, vegan cheese, marinated artichoke hearts, and cooked and chilled vegan shrimp, for a pretty antipasto course.
14 servings (1/4 cup), Calories 29
A nice, crisp summer nosh, with great contrast between the crunchy okra and the meaty olives. I would have liked even more lemon flavor, so would increase the amount of lemon juice in the marinade. Other than that, this was simple and fresh - no complaints.