- 3 to 4 small beets (about 6 ounces total)
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- 1/2 cup quartered radishes
- 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2. Steam the peas, asparagus, and yellow squash, covered, for 3 minutes. Combine the beets, peas, asparagus, squash, and all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
You can make this couscous the center of the meal, or it is also a great fresh side dish to veggie burgers.
6 servings (1 cup), Calories 172
Freshness in every bite. There was a decadence to this dish that I didn't expect while making it, from the olive oil and coarse salt. The vegetables were perfectly crisp-tender, and the fresh peas, radishes, and feta in particular were delectable tidbits hidden among the couscous. A definite keeper.