- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bottled pesto*
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (2-ounce) French bread rolls
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 8 oven-roasted Tofurky deli slices
- 8 (1/4-inch thick) slices tomato
- 4 slices vegan mozzarella (such as Galaxy Foods)
2. Cut the bread rolls in half horizontally, and spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the cut sides of the rolls. Divide the arugula, Tofurky slices, tomato slices, and mozzarella slices evenly among the bottom halves of the rolls. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with the top halves of the rolls.
Just add a fresh fruit salad to round out this dinner for a busy night.
*It used to be hard to find commercially bottled vegan pesto (i.e. without cheese) until Meditalia hit the shelves - this line makes pesto and tapenade that taste great, and proceeds go towards supporting peace efforts in Israel and Palestine. If your local grocer doesn't carry the brand, veganessentials.com does.
4 servings (1 sandwich), Calories 358