- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 4 Gardein Tuscan chicken breasts (without sauce)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups packaged coleslaw
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2. Meanwhile, heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion; saute for 2 minutes. Add the coleslaw; saute for 1 to 2 minutes - the coleslaw should be just starting to wilt.
3. Place the coleslaw mixture in a bowl and add the sesame oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Serve the chicken alongside the coleslaw mix.
4 servings (1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup coleslaw mixture), Calories 189
This was a good but not great dinner as is, but could easily be tweaked. The cabbage was too salty and peppery, though the sesame taste was just right, so I would decrease the seasonings next time. The Gardein cooked wonderfully under the broiler, but I would increase the components of the sauce for stronger hoisin and ginger flavor. The hoisin chicken and sesame cabbage did pair really nicely together, though, so with a couple tweaks this dish is a keeper.