- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 28 ounces vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2. Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add the soy sauce and black pepper. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes, until thick, stirring frequently.
Serve anywhere you love gravy of course. Over mashed potatoes or other root vegetables, over kasha sauteed with onion, over stuffed Gardein turkey (you know you have some leftover in your freezer after Thanksgiving...), or over leafy greens like wilted kale.
12 servings (about 1/4 cup), Calories 42
A silky, savory gravy. I worried the soy sauce would be too strong but it was the perfect touch - just a subtle hint of umami, without being overpowering. I particularly liked this version over mashed potatoes, but try it anywhere and everywhere you normally like gravy.