- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup vegan chicken broth (prepared from Not Chick'n bouillon)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia)
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and thinly slice. Add to the skillet, along with the oregano and crushed garlic; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, lemon rind, lemon juice, and black pepper. Add the pasta and feta, and toss to coat.
The pasta will be best served immediately.
4 servings (1 and 1/2 cups), Calories 260
A fresh and simple but delicious blend of ingredients. The tender zucchini and salty feta paired perfectly. Nothing fancy or complicated, but definitely a tasty and quick pasta to incorporate into your rotation.