- 4 ounces uncooked somen
- 1/2 cup vegan chicken broth (prepared from Not Chick'n bouillon)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (such as Whole Foods 365)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 pound Match pork, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Divide the pork into 4 portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch thick patty; sprinkle evenly with the salt and black pepper and add to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add the apricot mixture; bring to a boil. Continue to cook for 8 minutes, until the sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup.
3. Meanwhile, cook the somen according to package directions (it generally takes about 3 minutes - much less time than Italian pasta).
4. Serve 1/2 cup cooked somen on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 1 pork piece and 2 tablespoons of the apricot sauce.
Add snow peas or broccoli on the side to round out the meal.
4 servings (1 pork piece, 2 tablespoons sauce, 1/2 cup somen), Calories 446
Great apricot and hoisin flavor to the sauce - just the right touch of sweetness. The pork and somen paired really well together, but I didn't like plating one pork piece over each individual serving of plain noodles. Next time, I would chop the cooked pork into small pieces, toss together in a big bowl with all the sauce and noodles, and stir snow peas and broccoli directly into the mix.