- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 Gardein Tuscan chicken breasts (without sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups presliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup vegan chicken broth (prepared from Not Chick'n bouillon)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato sprinkles*
- 1/4 cup vegan dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2. Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, mushrooms, and shallots; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth, tomato sprinkles, and wine; cook for a final minute.
3. Spoon the sauce evenly over the chicken, and sprinkle evenly with the parsley. To soak up all the sauce, I highly recommend serving this dish over pasta, such as orzo or farfalle (bow ties).
*For a full rundown on sun-dried tomato sprinkles, see my post for Shrimp and Orzo Pilaf. If you can't find the sprinkles, snip whole sun-dried tomatoes into pieces with kitchen shears instead.
4 servings (1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup sauce), Calories 206
I have almost no complaints about the flavor; loved the saltiness of the sun-dried tomato and the richness of the mushrooms in contrast to the chicken. The wine was a touch too strong, and I would cook longer to evaporate off a touch more alcohol. Texture-wise, I wished the sauce was thicker. Simmering longer would solve that problem too, or perhaps stirring in a bit of cornstarch. As is, you'll definitely want that bed of pasta underneath, or the sauce will go to waste on your plate.