- 3 pounds baking potatoes
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 8 minced garlic cloves*
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegan Parmesan sprinkles (such as Galaxy Foods)
2. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Stir and return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Combine the butter and garlic in a large skillet and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the potatoes, parsley, and Parmesan sprinkles, tossing to coat. At this point the fries are best served immediately.
Serve with your favorite veggie burger for the vegan equivalent of fast food - without all the unhealthy stuff or cruelty.
*Because garlic cloves vary considerably in size, you'll wind up with very garlic-y fries if you use 8 large cloves. If you're not a big garlic fan, keep the amount in check by mincing and measuring to equal 5 teaspoons instead. But if you love garlic, use the biggest cloves your heart desires.
6 servings, (about 1 cup), Calories 256
Like I said at the top of this post: decadent. Garlicky and cheesy, with a nice fresh pop from the parsley. The butter and oil were finger-looking good without the fries ever feeling greasy. The fries were a little too tender, so I'd cook about 10 minutes less to maintain a crisper fry.