- 2 cups peeled and shredded McIntosh apple
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed vegan brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 Ener-G egg
- Cooking spray
Note: a large-holed grater works just fine for shredding apple - no need to pull out your food processor.
2. Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Combine the flour in a bowl with the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, yogurt, and Ener-G egg. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in the apple.
4. Divide the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when touched in the center. Transfer immediately to a wire rack to cool.
12 servings (1 muffin), Calories 190