- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) undrained cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/3 cup vegan dry white wine
- 18 ounces Sophie's Kitchen shrimp, thawed
- 4 ounces crumbled vegan feta (such as Veg Cuisine)
- Chopped parsley (optional for garnish)
2. Stir in the wine and the shrimp; cover and cook for a final 3 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the crumbled feta.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions; drain. Serve 1 and 3/4 cups shrimp mixture over 1/2 cup rice on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle with additional chopped fresh parsley as garnish, if desired.
4 servings (1 and 3/4 cups shrimp mixture, 1/2 cup rice), Calories 457
Nice flavor for such a quick and simple dish, thanks to the dried herbs and salty feta on top, but this didn't wow me either. For even more flavor, I'd use fire-roasted or Italian-style diced tomatoes next time. The dish also needs to be served over more heaping portions of rice to soak up all that sauce - or at the very least, with French bread on the side to sop up the juices.