- 3 cups hot cooked orzo
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Veg Cuisine)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
2. Combine the hot orzo in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients, tossing well. Cover and chill for 1 hour, at which point you can serve the salad chilled, or bring back to room temperature.
This salad pairs great with quintessential summer foods - try serving with vegan cold cuts (I love Lightlife's deli ham), corn on the cob, and Gardein's crispy chicken fingers, for a backyard vegan cookout or picnic.
8 servings (1/2 cup), Calories 213
Aesthetically, I was a little disappointed, since the balsamic vinegar tinged the pasta a pale gray. However, the taste of the balsamic paired quite nicely with the orzo, peas, and feta. If you want to make the pasta more summery, I recommend basil or perhaps cherry tomatoes stirred in, but it is already good without any changes.