- 4 quarts water
- 27 ounces Sophie's Kitchen shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 avocado
- 6 cilantro sprigs (optional for garnish)
2. Combine the red onion in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons cilantro, the lime rind, lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and jalapeno. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
3. Peel the mangoes and cut into 6 wedges each. Peel the avocado and cut into 12 wedges.
4. Spoon 3/4 cup shrimp mixture into the center of each of 6 salad plates. Arrange 2 mango slices and 2 avocado slices like the spokes of a wheel around the shrimp. Cilantro sprigs make a lovely garnish, if desired.
Try serving with your favorite vegan cheese and crackers on the side:
Or chips and salsa add a bit more of a southwestern feel:
6 servings (3/4 cup shrimp mixture, 2 mango slices, 2 avocado slices), Calories 257
Eating this was like a day at the spa. Use the ripest mango and avocado you can find and bellisimo - especially when combining a bite of both with a morsel of shrimp. I would play up the lime factor in the dressing next time, and also toss the mango and avocado in a little lime juice so the salad is better dressed. This salad is perfect with a glass of crisp (vegan) white wine on the side.