- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 12 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup vegan chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2. Stir in the cabbage, chicken broth, vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Cook for a final 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cabbage is tender.
I recommend grilled seitan alongside this dish, either served plain or stirred into a curry:
If you have it at home, the curried cabbage also pairs well with grilled Match pork:
8 servings (2/3 cup), Calories 58
I really enjoyed the warm, toasty spices in this dish, as well as the little seeds of the whole-grain mustard, which added great texture. I would cook the cabbage longer next time, however. If you err on the side of eating raw, or are a fan of raw cabbage, you'll probably like it just as is after 5 minutes. But the more cooked something is, the more I like it (in general), and I would have preferred the cabbage to be more tender.