- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 ounces firm or extra-firm lite tofu
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 3 cups cooked and chilled long-grain rice*
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2. Add the napa cabbage and cook for 45 seconds, stirring constantly - the cabbage should be wilted. Stir in the chilled rice, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Return the tofu to the pan, along with the peas, green onions, and salt. Cook for a final 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
*This dish is great for using up leftover rice. Prepare and chill up to a day ahead, so it's ready to go when you put together the recipe. I like storing cooked rice in 1-cup portions, for easy use in recipes.
5 servings (1 cup), Calories 226