- 1/4 cup plain non-dairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 peeled kiwifruit
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
2. Cut each kiwifruit into 6 wedges, and add to the dressing mixture, along with the strawberries; toss well.
3. Cover and chill for 1 hour, then stir in the basil just before serving.
Round out the meal with your favorite Gardein chicken, raw veggies (jicama sticks are a fun alternative to more-standard carrots or celery), and tortilla chips with salsa.
4 servings (3/4 cup), Calories 90
The mixture of tangy vinegar and soy creamer tasted much like sour cream, minus the heaviness - in sum, a delightful sauce. You'll have leftovers in the bowl after ladling out the fruit, and I wish I'd thought to save some to drizzle over cake or non-dairy ice cream. The fruit was fresh and the basil was just delightful, so this salad is a winner all around.