For the pita crisps:
- 3 (8-inch) pitas
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, and cubed cucumber
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 8 lemon wedges
2. Meanwhile, combine the feta, lemon juice, and black pepper in a bowl; partially mash with a fork. Add the cucumber, onion, mint, and dill.
3. Serve the salsa with the pita chips, and with the lemon wedges on the side - a spritz of fresh lemon juice either over the salsa or directly onto the pita crisp makes for a great burst of flavor.
8 servings (6 pita crisps, 6 tablespoons salsa, 1 lemon wedge), Calories 135
In other news, this is my last post as a single woman. I'm getting married on Saturday, and will follow up with full details of the vegan menu and vegan wedding cake!