- 2 tomatillos (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Roasted Anaheim Chiles
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2. Place the tomatillos in a blender and process until smooth. Combine the pureed tomatillos in a bowl with all of the remaining ingredients.
I found this salsa to be particularly great with Match pork tacos in soft flour tortillas.
6 servings (1/3 cup), Calories 42
I loved the combination here, of crunchy, tart Granny Smith and tender, mildly hot green chiles. The fresh lime juice was just perfect. This was almost good enough simply to eat by the spoonful, but once paired with savory Match meat and flour tortillas, the salsa was even better.