Many thanks as well to Cakes to Remember - guests came up to me in awe, declaring the cake was one of the yummiest they'd ever eaten, and they couldn't believe it was vegan.
Thank you all for helping me show people a vegan wedding could be delicious and cruelty-free.
What to do for brunch the morning after a splendid affair? Simple and fresh came to mind. Pick up the freshest watermelon you can from your farmers' market and do barely a thing to it; you'll have the perfect summer fruit salad.
- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 and 1/2 cups cubed and peeled ripe mango
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 6 mint leaves
2. Cut the mint leaves into thin strips, and sprinkle over the salad.
4 servings (1 and 1/2 cups), Calories 107
I love recipes like this with so few ingredients - great sweet watermelon and mango were the stars of the show, with lovely, subtle hints of orange, lime, and agave. A great all-purpose fruit salad.