- 7 tomatillos (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup vegan chicken broth (prepared from Not Chick'n bouillon)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup Roasted Anaheim Chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
2. Combine the tomatillos in a blender with all the remaining ingredients, and process until smooth.
As with the New Mexican Red Chile Sauce I made last night, I prepared two batches of the green sauce tonight, in anticipation of upcoming recipes. Stay tuned!
12 servings (1/4 cup), Calories 18
Definitely my favorite of the two sauces - now I know to order my enchiladas "green" if I'm ever in New Mexico. The broth was an unexpected flavor, and gave the sauce a creamy, almost velvety texture. Great green, fresh flavor from the tomatillo and cilantro.