- 1 and 1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (such as Whole Foods 365)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 Gardein Tuscan chicken breasts (without sauce)
- Cooking spray
2. Remove the chicken pieces from the bag, and reserve 1/2 cup marinade; discard the remaining marinade. Place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue to cook for 1 minute; set aside.
3. Thread the chicken pieces evenly onto 12 skewers. Grill on an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan coated with cooking spray for 12 minutes. Halfway through cooking, turn the skewers over and baste with the reserved marinade.
For a fun presentation, stick the ends of the skewers directly into a whole pineapple, and invite guests to serve themselves.
Other noshes such as store-bought dumplings, baked mochi squares (a popular Hawaiian snack), banana chips, cubed pineapple, and coconut water rounded out the menu for my luau evening.
6 servings (2 skewers), Calories 169
There was a subtle coating of pineapple and teriyaki on the crisp outside of the chicken that was quite good. To make these even better, I wouldn't discard the leftover marinade; use half of the marinade for basting while you grill, and keep the other half as a dipping sauce for serving. That would really enhance the sweet pineapple flavor, and make this dish jump from good to great. Extra points though for the fun presentation involved.