- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (4-ounce) diced Tofurky kielbasa
- 1/2 cup vegan chicken broth (prepared from Not Chick'n bouillon)
- 3 cooked and crumbled Lightlife bacon slices
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
Note: one of the tricks to perfect potato salad is to make sure that all of the potatoes are roughly the same size; that way they will all finish cooking at the same time.
2. Drain and let the potatoes cool slightly, then cut each potato in half lengthwise. Cut the halves crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the white wine vinegar.
2. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the red onion and kielbasa; cook for 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, chicken broth, and bacon; bring to a boil, then continue to cook for 1 minute. Stir in the caraway seeds, salt, and black pepper.
4. Pour the warm vinegar mixture over the potato slices and toss gently. Sprinkle with the parsley. As per the title of the recipe, you'll want to serve this dish immediately, while it's hot. I recommend grilling the remaining Tofurky kielbasa in the package for the main course, and rounding out the meal with fresh summer fruit such as watermelon.
6 servings (1 cup), Calories 195
You are in for a treat if you make this recipe - great flavor from the licorice-notes in the caraway, the spicy kielbasa, the tangy vinegar, the bright fresh parsley, and the perfectly tender potatoes. I kept trying to think of something I would change or improve, but couldn't, so it gets a "5" in my book.