- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 2 cups chopped and cooked Gardein Tuscan chicken breast (without sauce)
- 1/4 cup chopped and cooked Lightlife bacon
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese
2. Stir in the plum tomato, chicken, bacon, and balsamic vinegar; cook a final minute to heat thoroughly.
3. Meanwhile, cook 8 ounces of angel hair pasta according to package directions, to yield 4 cups cooked pasta. Drain; top the pasta with the spinach mixture and the shredded cheese. I particularly liked the strong cheddar from Sheese on this dish, to mimic the flavor of a sharp cheese like Asiago.
4 servings (1 cup pasta, 1 cup spinach mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese), Calories 350
Delicious. I felt like I was getting a different combination of flavors in every bite, depending what was most prominent on my forkful, whether the chicken, the bacon, the spinach, or the tomato. I liked serving this with some spears of asparagus wrapped in extra Lightlife bacon slices on the side.