- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 Ener-G egg
- 1 and 1/3 cups chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Cooking spray
2. In a separate bowl, combine the apple juice, canola oil, orange rind, and Ener-G egg. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until moist, then fold in the cranberries, raisins, and hazelnuts. Don't worry if your batter gets stained a bit pink from the cranberries; it won't be noticeable once the batter darkens while baking.
3. Spoon the batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray, and bake at 350 degrees for about 48 to 50 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before removing from the pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
16 servings (1 slice), Calories 162
I absolutely loved the fresh cranberries in here, as opposed to dried cranberries. If you can imagine cranberry juice cocktail turned into a bread, that's kind of what this bread tasted like - yum! The hazelnut was another, nicely unexpected flavor, since most breads like this I've baked in the past use walnuts. That said, if you have walnuts on hand - or just prefer them - feel free to swap out for the hazelnuts.