For the crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/3 cup ice water
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons toasted and chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
2. Sprinkle the ice water onto the flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork after each addition - don't stir or form a ball. Gently press the dough into a 4-inch circle on a piece of plastic wrap. Cover and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Place 2 lengths of plastic wrap on a slightly damp work surface, overlapping them so that they extend at least 14-inches in all directions. Unwrap the chilled dough and place on the plastic wrap; cover with 2 additional lengths of overlapping plastic wrap. Roll the dough, through the plastic, into a 14-inch circle, then freeze for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the plastic wrap and fit the dough into a 10-inch round removable bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Fold the edges of the dough under so no crust extends beyond the pan; set aside.
5. To make the filling, combine the orange juice and cornstarch in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 1 cup sugar, the orange marmalade, the walnuts, the orange rind, and the cranberries. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, then - without removing the tart from the oven - reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35 minutes. Your crust should be lightly golden by the end. Cool on a wire rack completely before serving.
10 servings (1 wedge), Calories 274
Absolutely no complaints, although neither was there anything that lifted this tart out of the ordinary for me. A beautiful blend of the cranberry and orange flavors, and I was quite pleased with the way my crust came out, since that's always the trickiest part of a pie.