- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (14.5-ounce) drained can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 4 ounces vegan feta (such as Sunergia)
- Cooking spray
- 32 (1/2-inch) slices diagonally cut and toasted French bread baguette
Note: to quickly toast baguette slices, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes.
16 servings (2 baguette slices, 2 tablespoons spread), Calories 107
I love Sunergia's feta (the company also makes seasoned tofu and soy blue cheese, both of which are delicious) and this was a great showcase for it. Like dairy feta, the vegan version doesn't melt in the oven, but it does become wonderfully warm and creamy, perfect for spreading on the baguette slices. As a personal preference, I might have toasted the bread for a few minutes less, since I prefer slightly softer crostini to super-crunchy, but a couple slices of toast with the spread made a great, festive appetizer nonetheless.