- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 3 pounds trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped vegan ham (such as LightLife)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegan Parmesan sprinkles (such as Galaxy Foods)
Note: they're delicious over prepared macaroni and cheese, as shown below with Amy's rice macaroni and cheeze, or over homemade casseroles.
2. Combine the Brussels sprouts, ham, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and garlic in a 3-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray, tossing to coat. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring at the 10 and 20 minutes marks. The sprouts should be tender and lightly browned at the edges by the end.
3. Combine the 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs with the Parmesan sprinkles, and sprinkle over the sprouts. This dish is at its best when served immediately.
12 servings (3/4 cup), Calories 58
Quite nice. I found that all of the flavors came through without any one ingredient overwhelming any of the others. I would just like the Brussels sprouts a bit more tender, and would add another 5 to 10 minutes onto the cook time.