- 1/2 cup vegan port
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Match pork, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
2. Shape the pork into 4 equal patties, and pat into about 3/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove the pork from the pan, and set aside.
3. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the broth to the pan, scraping to remove the browned bits that have accumulated during cooking. Add the port mixture, and increase the heat to high; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 6 minutes).
Serve the sauce over the pork, and add some steamed white rice tossed with chopped green onions to round out the meal.
4 servings (1 pork piece and 2 tablespoons sauce), Calories 256
Yum! I loved the sweet plumpness of the raisins in contrast to the savory Match meat, and the port made a lovely sauce. As my fiance noted with appreciation, the white rice and green onions were a pleasing contrast. All in all, a delicious meal.