- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 10 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups rinsed and drained canned cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia)
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the kale, the vegetable broth, the salt, and the black pepper; cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally - the kale should be wilted by the end.
2. Add the cooked pasta, the lemon juice, and the cannellini beans; cook for a final minute until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
3. Divide the pasta mixture evenly among 4 plates; sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 tablespoon feta.
4 servings (about 1 and 1/2 cups pasta mixture, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon feta), Calories 325
Even better than I expected, with the creaminess of the white beans and the warm wilted kale. The simple ingredients of this dish added up to a really wonderful whole. Nothing decadent, but nothing to complain about either. Definitely seek out the Sunergia vegan feta, since it added a wonderful saltiness.