- 1 (1-pound) package silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (for color)
- 1 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) undrained can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 8 cups (1-inch) cubed sourdough bread
- 3 ounces prepared vegan goat cheese*
2. Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sage and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add the crushed red pepper and the tomatoes; bring to a boil, then continue to cook for 1 minute. Stir in the bread cubes, and crumble the goat cheese evenly over the top.
3. Pour the tofu mixture evenly into the pan - your pan should be very full at this point. Carefully transfer to an oven and bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
*To make vegan goat cheese, crumble 3 ounces Sunergia feta into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons Tofutti cream cheese, 1 tablespoon Tofutti sour cream, and a splash of lemon juice; mix together with a fork until well blended. This was my first time following this recipe for goat cheese, and I loved it.
4 servings (1 wedge), Calories 415