- 6 cups peeled and chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup packed vegan brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
2. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving - the sauce will be a little thin just after cooking, but will thicken in those 5 minutes. The apples are delicious alongside vegan ham slices or pork cutlets from Match meats. Just add a green veggie like Brussels sprouts to round out the meal.
8 servings (1/4 cup), Calories 121